Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crock-Pot Tastiness

Today, I did something crazy. I cooked dinner at 9am. That's right people, 9am. I saw this recipe the other day through a tweet by The Pioneer Woman. I always have way more energy in the morning, so cooking this early makes it even simpler.






The recipe is for Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches ... Umm... Yummo! And they are hands down the easiest things I've ever made. No really ... THE easiest!!
All you do is place chicken thighs in the bottom of your slow-cooker; cover it with a diced onion; throw in a can of pineapple chunks (drained); and dump in a bottle of your fav BBQ sauce. Then simply turn the slow cooker to low and let it cook for 7 long hours. Holy Moly. It just doesn't get any easier. At the end of the day pull the chicken off the bone and shred before mixing it back in with all the tastiness that has been simmering away all day! There was an option to pour the drained pineapple juice in at the end too, but I prefer mine a little more savory. I love that all day my house is filled with the delicious aroma that reminds me dinner is already finished! Whew! So great! It even inspired me to clean the whole house from top to bottom. Now I'm working up the courage to clean out my closet which I totally ransacked during all the tornadoes throwing out anything that could fall on top of us. I'm still sitting here debating on that ... Maybe I'll do it while watching Sister Wives later ... I do love some Sister Wives. ;)

Anyway, I served up the yummy-goodness on big whole wheat buns with corn on the cob and baked beans. It was a big hit in the Boonies! Try it at your house!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Linds said...

ooo, that looks SO yummy! For sure going to make it, SOON!

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011