Wednesday, November 11, 2009
After about a week of the fever and runny noses on the anti-biotics I took him back to the doctor. He was just so fussy that I knew he still felt so bad. And after a couple of middle of the night playdates I knew something was up. So we went in and Dr. Young said that Dalton's ears hadn't improved at all. :( I asked her if we could look at his charts and talk about getting tubes. She went and checked out his charts and said he has had about 9 ear infections documented over his sweet little life. That's pretty much one every other month. So, we're getting in with the ENT next week to talk about getting tubes in his ears. I'm kind of having an anxiety attack about them putting him to sleep. I know it will totally help him out and he'll feel so much better, but I know there is still that tiny little risk that something could happen. So I'm trying not to fret about it ... not going so well. Probably shouldn't talk about it anymore.
Sick world is pretty much DOMINATING our life right now. Sad!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
- Today Avery brought me her baby bible and said, "Mama, Let's sit in a circle and read the bible." Obviously I all but threw my phone across the room to hurry and sit down beside her as she preceeded to tell me all about David and the Giant ... LOVE her.
- Yesterday I was making cupcakes for our Arbonne Open House, they were Mandy's Pumpkin Cupcakes and were nothing short of divine ... Anyway, I made my first dozen and kept looking at them like something was wrong ... there was. I forgot the flour. Dangit. I redeemed myself with the next batches, and have been eating on them all day. That was until Avery got the box down off the counter and she and Dalton ate all of the icing off of them. Lovely.
- Avery called Dalton, "Dalton" for the first time today. On our desktop wallpaper it's just one huge collage of about 20 pictures and Avery loves to point out and say what she is doing in all of the different pictures, "I'm at Dede's house, I'm at the park, It's my birthday, Bubba's drinking juice." But today she pointed at Dalton and said, "Dalton drinking his juice." (Normally she would say "Bubba.") Milestone.
- Dalton has started giving the world's best hugs. He wraps his arms around my neck super tight, pats my back, and lays his head down. Yummy.
- I recently got Dalton a little down comforter for his crib. He has become infatuated with covering up on the couch, or in our bed, so I knew he would like it. It's a HUGE hit. When I lay him down in his bed, he snuggles under it and goes right to sleep. Mama's boy.
- Dalton is getting to where I can tell him to do something or go get something and he knows what I'm talking about. He can't say it or anything, but we're making progress.
- It's been raining for days. We had one pretty day yesterday, but I feel like it's just been overall yucky for a while. Wearing me out. We were able to play outside yesterday for a while and the kiddos just loved it. I had almost forgotten how great it was. Hopefully it gets into a pretty groove again, soon.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Today my friend Magen Friedmann delivered Miss Audrey Elizabeth Friedmann at 2:50. Audrey weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and I got to hold her today ... she is just darling, a head full of red hair and so soft. Nothing like a new baby's smell.
I love them both already!! It was definitely 2 different post-partum rooms, but such a blessing to have babies that will be coming home soon. My heart goes out to all the Mommy's who have lost babies either during or right after their pregnancys lately and I am so thankful for healthy deliveries and babies for the Wilsons and Friedmanns. Madeley is still in the NICU so I don't have any pictures of her and I managed to leave my camera at home and my phone in the car when I went to see Audrey, so I don't have pictures of either to share. But they are just absolutely beautiful, lovely in every way and I am so happy for their families!!!
Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalm 127:3 NASB
Posted by Boonies in the Boonies at 7:08 PM
Saturday, October 17, 2009
He is seriously the biggest 16 month old I've ever seen ... here are some of his stats right now.
- He weighs a little over 28 pounds. He's quite stout. The other night I got him out of the bath tub in one of Avery's pink towels and as I turned around and caught a glimpse of us in the mirror I just died laughing. He has such a little football player big boy look about him that made him look so silly in the pink towel and I thought it was pretty funny. Ahh ... yes, these days little things like that make me laugh.
- He. Sleeps. All. The. Time. The child who didn't sleep through the night until almost 11 months now can't get enough. He goes to sleep about 8:30 at night and wakes up between 8:30 and 9. He goes down for his first nap at about 11, wakes up at 1:30 or 2 plays until about 4 and lays down until 6 ... then back down at 8:30. He's just growing all the time I guess!
- He wears anything from 18-2T, but mostly 2T. He wears a 7-8 shoe. I wish he was still in Robeez, but Aaron said they look too babyish on him. I wanted to cry, I do love Robeez.
- His favorite foods are bananas, apples, mandarin oranges (really any and all fruit), green beans, corn dogs (haha), yogurt, chicken tenders,salsa and chips (seriously!!!) donuts ... I mean really there isn't much he doesn't like. Most nights I have to say, "Ok, Dalton, that's enough." He just loves food. But for all the food he eats, he doesn't have that many teeth. He has 8 in the front (4 on top and 4 on bottom) and then a couple molars in the back.
- He loves chocolate milk in the mornings, juice when he wakes up from naps, and white milk at meals and bedtime. He also loves, loves, loves drinking anything out of a straw. He gets the biggest grin on his face when Aaron shares some of his coke or sprite or something. Hilarious.
- His all time favorite movie is "Dr Seuss' Horton Hears a Who." It's really the only show he will sit and watch for longer than a few minutes. He pays a little bit of attention to some of Avery's favorites, but really he's too busy for TV.
- He says several words. "Mama, Dada, Bye-Bye, Go, Juice, Dog, No, Shoe, Duck, More, and All Done and his newest word is "nose." He's also getting pretty good about pointing to his body parts this week. So proud.
- Aaron taught him how to do a couple tricks last week. He does hide and seek very, very well and he's also working on doing a somersault. We say "flip, Bubba flip." and he ducks his head down on the floor and waits on us to turn him over. I think this is quite entertaining and sometimes do it way to0 many times.
- He is obsessed with books right now. He loves little board books the best and he wants me to sit on the floor with him. He then he backs up to me and wants to hold the book and point out the things on the pages. Precious. I even have a little board book Bible, but he won't let me read a whole story yet, he wants me to hurry and turn the page. So I read the title and the little prayer at the bottom of the page. It's speed reading.
- My all time favorite thing that he does is when he "tucks in." Almost any time I pick him up he tucks his arms in and curls his legs up and tucks them in, too. Just like a little ball, like he can't quite snuggle in close enough. When he's really sleepy he starts like walking his feet up me ... love it. Like, seriously sweetest thing in the world.
Dearest Dalton Davis Boone,
Thank you for your surprise arrival on June 16, 2009. I was so worried that I wouldn't know what to do with a little boy, but you have just been the biggest blessing and I can't imagine life without you. I am head over heels in love with you complete with gigglies and butterflies. You give the best hugs, the most delightfully slobbery kisses ever. I love all of your tricks and grunts and laughs and really everything about you. You are the sweetest little baby boy with the most precious heart in the world. I am so glad you are here and I can't wait to fall in love with you even more.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Avery is getting a little too bossy for her own britches ... seriously. Poor Dalton is just bossed all day long. I feel like he was just in his element for a few minutes yesterday when I went to a sweet friends house and her little boy and another friend's little girl were there playing. It was like he could play and talk to them without Avery jumping all over him. I just watched him try to get in the Cozy Coupe and Avery saw him across the room. She RACED across the room to pull him out and climb in herself. I. couldn't. believe. my. eyes. I have called her my "perfect" child for a while now. I think I may have found some ... "imperfections." It really made me have some more compassion on Bubba. Maybe he just wants to play with her all day and she isn't nice when I'm not around. :(
There is just nothing more upsetting than seeing your kiddos being mean to each other. ARG!!
I'm looking forward to another fun-filled wedding weekend. This is my third weekend in a row to have a wedding to go to! Crazy! But it really is fun to see old friends!! The first weekend Luke Porter and Christin Cooke got married in Dallas, last weekend Buddy Harding and Rachel Parker got married in Little Rock and tomorrow night my high-school/college best friend, Leah Finn, is marrying Robbie Polk at her parents house in Little Rock. :) So fun. Hopefully the rain will stay away!!!
P.S. Throughout the duration of this post I have issued at least 4 spankings. That is just ridiculous. Dalton will not stop climbing up on to my kitchen table ... Dear Lord, grant me peace.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
All ready to go ... acting shy. The best part of the whole thing is that she gets to wear cute little outfits like this, duh.
Meeting all the other little girls and stretching.
So proud of herself! She kept making this face! Love it!
I think the trampoline may have been her favorite part ... she would stick her tongue out and just hop all her problems away!
Oh, I just love her more and more every day!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Yesterday afternoon Avery came skipping into the living room and said, "Hey Mama, I want a cupcake." I kinda laughed at this because it was one of the first time I had heard her ask for that before and then I told her we didn't have any cupcakes. Her eyes got about as big as silver dollars and she stuck her lip out super far, and then big tears started rolling down her cheeks, "no cupcakes." Part of me wanted to laugh, part of me wanted to load her up in the car and head straight to 'Cupcakes on Kavanaugh' to get her the biggest cupcake in stock. However, I just scooped her up and told her we'd get her one later. She and Dalton were acting funny all day yesterday, just not their best. Dalton started having some terrible tummy issues a couple days ago and even though I've said it's all because of his teeth I wanted to go ahead and take him in. My mom came down to help me and we went to the doctor first thing this morning to find out he has a little bug and to give him Benefiber in his applesauce. It's pretty gross. I feel sorry for my little pooper. After we got them home and they ate lunch I gave her a cupcake I had gotten at Walgreens when I went to get the Benefiber (the Little Debbie one with the white swirly thing across the top, it's pretty much gourmet). The child thought I was the. greatest. thing. ever. She just lit up and was screaming, "thanks Mama, thanks Mama!!!" Best feeling ever. I'm kicking myself right now that I didn't take a picture. I'm probably going to Sam's later to buy a bulk supply.
Dalton's laying down for a nap now and Avery and I are hanging out in my bed. Last week we finally got a new bed and a new mattress and box springs. Since then I've spent about 45% of the day in my bed. It's pretty much the softest thing ever. I'm probably going to have to take a nap myself because my "Sonic Date" ran pretty late last night. Sometimes during the week my friend Michele and I will go to Sonic after we put our kiddos to bed. It seriously has kept me kind of sane. :) Last night we didn't go until about 9:30 and didn't come home until 11:30. I'm pooped myself.
Hopefully Dalton will rally here in a little while. I need him to be his sweet funny self again.
Posted by Boonies in the Boonies at 10:21 AM
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Something about fall, Moms 'n More and all this rain has kind of made me miss my blog world. However, whatever the heck I was thinking about putting my nightly dinner meals and a morning devotion is seriously gone. I have really acquired some other activities lately, and we are just super busy; so keeping this up alone will be a challenge. But, I really did love it, so I want to get back into it ......
So hello, sweet friends!! I am sad to see summer go, it is my absolute hands down favorite part of the year. BUT, I am ready for life to slow down a little, be in a routine again, not burn my legs when I sit on my car seat and sometimes have to use napkins to grip the steering wheel for the first couple miles (and yes, I do that) because it gets so dang hot. I am genuinely excited about fall and all of the playgroup playdates, my new Esther bible study, Razorback games, fall food (duh), and just another new season with my little ones. Avery and Dalton get more personality every day and we are in a stage of CONSTANT changes. I am going to be away from them this weekend when we head to Dallas for a wedding and I'm sure I will come back in complete awe (hopefully in a good way) of something new they are doing. I almost snorted my cream and sugar with a dash of coffee at MnM yesterday when the speaker was talking about your kiddos being little "sinners" at such a young age. It really is amazing. They are God's most perfect gift to me, couldn't breathe without them here, but they can really do some damage. They can be defiant, disobedient, aggressive with each other and just get to the point where I am sure they did not come from my womb. But then they take their naps and the house gets quiet and picked up; I can just bask in their perfection as they sleep away, until they wake back up again. :)
Avery is talking so much it just blows my mind. I finally feel like I can almost carry on a conversation with her. I'm waiting on the inevitable, "why," stage to arrive and hoping it holds off a while. Dalton is just a mess of his own. Sometimes it's hard to believe that he and Avery are cut from the same cloth. He is so stinkin' funny I could just giggle with him all day, which is convenient since he never wants me to put him down. He walks around the house telling everyone and everything "no" with a tiny pointed finger ... not that he ever gets told "no" or anything. But if the "N" word does come out of my mouth he quickly starts to spat HIMSELF on the wrist and fake cry. Oh Lord, give me strength. I think I hear my favorite ring tailed tooter waking up now, I better go retrieve him....
Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow :)
This was my favorite verse for a long time and today it sounds better than ever ... Hope it comforts your Spirit like it does mine.
Posted by Boonies in the Boonies at 6:33 AM
Sunday, June 14, 2009
I can't even decide what has been my favorite thing of the summer yet ... but here are some that are in the running ....
*Tie-Dye clothing- totally forgot how much I liked this stuff!
*Weekly Playgroup Playdates- Love them oh-so-much!
*My Aunt Tam and fam living here ... I still have to pinch myself that it's true!
*Arbonne- I am having SO much fun with my new Arbonne business, I truly love it!
*Avery talking and Dalton walking ... I want to laugh and cry all at the same time!
*The lake ... we took our first trip this weekend and I can't WAIT to go back!! Here are some pics of our fun-filled weekend!
Avery driving the boat ... that's all she said the whole time "boat, boat, boat!!"
Avery floating with Sarah Baker and Aunt Tamra
She's just the sweetest thing!
Another "sister" shot ...
Although this weekend was fan-tabulous, it did not go without hiccups! Friday I was going to bring dinner one our friend's who just had a new baby. I had been busy all day, hadn't turned on the TV or anything and had no clue that a storm was about to pass thru. It wasn't until I was half way to Wal-Mart and watching the sky turn black that I tuned into the radio news to find out what was going on. Well .... just a storm with hurricane winds, hail, rain and here I was diddly daddly'in to Wal-Mart with my kids. I would pick the one 30 minute period where a death-con-5 emergency would fly through town. Seriously I thought my SUV was going to go off the road and the rain was coming down so hard my windshield wipers could barely lift the water over the glass. I was a wee bit scared. By the time I got down our road I realized that the bridge before our house was going to be underwater and I wasn't going to be able to get over it. So I had to turn around and go BACK around Bryant the other way just in time for the storm to fly by and to pull into the driveway to our powerless house. UGH! The kids and I went to walk around Target to see if we could wait out the loss of electricity. ABout an hour of walking through the half lit hot spot, we ventured home PRAYING the power would be back on. It wasn't. I had to reschedule bring dinner to our friends and then pack us up for the lake in the dark with no TV or any kind of distractions for the kids. Nightmare. However, I got it done and Aaron got home just in time to throw the kids in the car and head to his parents house. We stayed there Fri night and got up Sat morning to head to Lake Ouachita, leaving Dalton with Aaron's parents.
My Aunt Tamra and Uncle Glen were bringing their 5 boys down there for the day too and it was going to be quite the weekend. HOWEVER, we had a couple mishaps. We ended up having problems with BOTH of our boats! It was another nightmare!! I'm sure in a couple months we'll laugh about it, but it was a big disappointment. I felt super bad for my Dad! We ended up using one of our friend's barges who weren't there this weekend. We have never had a weekend like that in the 15 years we've been going to the lake, so Dad said we were due one. Both, Aaron and Dad stayed back waiting on the boat guy to come see about the ski boat so they never even came out on the water! (Hence the fact that Aaron isn't in any lake pics.)
But, we'll be back a bunch and we did have a fun couple days anyway. I was hoping to get to go out today, I definitely didn't want to leave this morning. Guess we'll just have to go back next weekend! :)
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Today Lynda and I went to one of their cousins bridal shower at "Mike's Place," in Conway. When I got the original invitation it was just sitting on the kitchen counter because Aaron had opened it for me. It said it was a "family shower luncheon," which I just assumed "Mike" was a family member, and that the whole family was invited. I replied to the hostess that Aaron, Avery, and I would all be in attendance .... :) Well, Aaron forgot to tell me that the invitation was just addressed to Avery and me and that "Mike's Place" was a restaurant. We all got a pretty big kick out of Aunt Lib calling Lynda to tell her that Aaron was more than welcome, but he might feel a little out of place at a ladies luncheon. (haha)
Avery is just talking up a storm lately. She's jabbers away all day. Sometimes I understand her, sometimes I don't. But, she is working so hard at it!!! And Dalton Boone has taken off with his walking!! It is THE sweetest thing! He also patty cakes, waves bye bye, and begins fake coughing if he feels like he is not getting enough attention- he's such a ham. He is very attached to his big sister and if she's not playing with him, feels like he must be held. He's also really getting bored with his bottle.
OK, I just watched Dalton wipe his mouth on one of mom's nice couch pillows, I better go take care of my kids. THEY ARE SOOOOOOO BUSY!! I feel like I never stop moving and when I finally can lay down it takes my body an hour to calm down enough to fall asleep... such is life.
Posted by Boonies in the Boonies at 3:53 PM
Thursday, May 28, 2009
The kids had a great weekend with Maw and Da' though! So all in all, it was a fun-filled weekend! Then this week, Sarah Baker and I launched our Arbonne business and have been totally thrilled with the outcome! We're really excited! It did totally take over this week though, Tuesday night was a party @ SB's, Wednesday @ my house and then tonight we had one @ Mom and Dad's ... whew! I am just worn out. I know it will slow down a little now, and they won't all be right in a row like this, but I am plumb worn out- in a good way though. Like, I've accomplished something! I'm not gonna lie, it feels good!
My babies are getting bigger and sillier by the day. I can NOT believe how much Avery is talking (or trying to)! She is constantly jabbering, and trying so hard to tell me something! I just love it. I don't love how she is telling me "no" a lot more. Oh Lordy! But it's really hard to tell her "no" about saying "no", ya know??
Dalton is getting bigger by the DAY. I'm having the HARDEST time thinking he's about to be one. I really really hate it. I just want him to stay a baby FOREVER!
Here are some pics from this weekend, I'm sure something exciting has happened this week, but I'm half dead and have to go to sleep!!!
Avery pretty much decided she was ready for bed and undid the sleeper bed herself ... she loves it!! :)
Naptime with Da' ...
Yay for Dora!
I love his face here!
Poker lessons ... you're never too young.
Hi Mama! (and yes that's the world's largest mosquito bite, right square in the middle of his cute forehead ... poor thing)
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Thursday night our "Davis" family gathered at Mom and Dad's for burgers and cupcakes ... It was so much fun! Avery got new shoes, a back pack (which she's been asking about for weeks now) some money for Target shopping, new cute clothes, and a beautiful vase of roses!
Avery struttin' her stuff in her new backpack and shoes!
Aunt Rah-Rah brought the most wonderful treats evah from Cupcakes on Kavanaugh!
We LOVE Big Poppa!
Me and my girl!
Dede let you have a cupcake before dinner ... I think you liked it!
Reading your card from Memaw (which for some reason, she has carried around for two days!)
4 Generations! Avery with her Mommy, Memaw, and Dede!
Mommy and the Birthday Girl!!
Then Friday night, Aaron's parents came over for more burgers and Dora cake!! They surprised Avery with her very own car and a new Dora purse!! Avery's thrill in life right now is to "Drive." She is always begging to sit in the drivers seat of cars and "dri! I wanna dri!!" So now she can just "dri" all day long!!
Getting in it the first time.
Loving her Dora cake!
Sharing with Bubba
Maw cleaning her up!!
More driving after bath time!
Gotta have her Dora purse ...
Bubba sneaking a turn ...
Uh-Oh! 2 new drivers!!
This week you turned two years old. I had envisioned writing this on your birthday, but with all the fun-filled festivities, there was just no time. I never knew that I could love a little bug, like I love you. You light up every day around here and I am so thankful that God gave me such an indescribable gift in you. This year you have started walking and talking. You have a new baby brother that you love so much and you have become quite fond of Dora the Explorer.
I have tried to think of some of my favorite things about you this year ... here are a few:
* When you were about 18 months old, you started this routine of every single day waking up in the morning, and after naptime reaching for your bow holder saying "bow, bow." You would then go get your shoes and bring them to me and beg to go "bye bye." You have always LOVED going "bye bye" and still ask almost every day. But something about bringing me the bow and the shoes was just the cutest thing ever.
* I love that you love to be around people and light up when someone arrives at the house ... even the bug man, haha.
* I love how you want to imitate everything I do. Whether I'm cooking, cleaning, talking on the phone or holding Dalton, you want to be doing the exact same thing. Such a sweet reminder that little eyes are always watching. :)
* I love all your animal noises, especially your "Raaarrr" for the lions and tigers and bears!
* I love how that one of your favorite things is to go feed the dogs with your Daddy. Throughout the day, you'll look out the window and say "feed feed!" You love to put on your John Deere or your little rubber much boots and run around in the yard with Popper and Slick and help daddy. You are such a good helper.
* I love how much you love Bubba. You are such a good big sister and are always looking out for him. One of my all-time favorite stories happened at one of our pizza nights at the Sextons. It was the first time you had been around a cat- it scared you to DEATH (You must have inherited that from Da')! You just hated it and cried and cried! It was so unlike you, because you typically love all animals and want to cover them with a blanket and put them night-night. :) We finally put the cat up and all sat down at the kitchen table, except for Bubba who was laying on the living room floor playing with some toys. Dusty decided to go ahead and let the cat out of the laundry room while we were eating. Avery, you came UNGLUED! You saw that the cat was headed for the living room and were screaming "Bubba, Bubba, Bubba!" You did not want that cat to get your Bubba. It was the sweetest, funniest thing I have ever seen.
* You love the lake, the pool and being outside. I am so excited for another summer with you. I know you will just love it.
* I love how you randomly throughout the days are bowing your head and praying. It is by far the most precious thing I've ever seen. I don't even have to be in there, but I will find you in your big pink chair in your room, hands folded, head bowed, eyes closed saying over and over "MamaDadaBubba AMEN, MamaDadaBubba AMEN!" In your sweet way, you are already embracing that you are a child of God, and I know HE is so pleased with you.
* I love how you "baby" everything. You want to rock and "shush" every little thing you can and put them on a little pillow with a blanket. I just love it. The ladies in the church nursery always say how you just "mother" all the other little kids. You pat them on the back if they are upset, pull your chair up next to theirs and say "shh shh shh." I still remember when they told me that when you were about 15 months old. I told them, "well, she's a big sister." Their eyes got big and wide and said, "SHE'S a BIG sister!" You have pretty much ALWAYS been a big sister and I've really ONLY thought of you as a big girl because we found out Dalton was coming when you were only 5 months old. You have always been my sweet helper and I am so so so so proud of you. You are just the most delightful, thoughtful, precious, fun, loving, little girl in the whole wide world and I could not have imagined loving anyone like I love you in my wildest dreams. You are perfect in every way and I can't wait to find out a whole new lists of "favorites" for next year.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
So, Friday night we hung out here, Aaron had a softball game, so he did that and then came home and we watched Slumdog Millionaire. I really didn't like it. I think I'm just too maternal, and all those little kids being hurt and not taken care of is really hard to watch. I understand that that is going on, but.... I just hated it. Saturday, SB and I went to our first Arbonne meeting :) and we felt like we learned a lot and got even more pumped up about the potential.
Then Saturday night I picked Caroline up and we went to Hannah Kennedy and Jay O. Howe's wedding. It was really beautiful and we had a great time. I wish I could show you pictures, but my camera is still broken. I absolutely loved high school and all my friends there and it's always so fun to go to events where you get to see everyone together again. A lot of our high school and college friends were there and it was really great. Today I'm about to go pick up the kids from Aaron's parents in Hot Springs. I think we are going to have a little Balboa Beach Fun in the Sun before we come back to Bryant, so I know the kids will love that. Other than that, the sun has FINALLY decided to come out, my lillies are looking fabulous and I'm really excited about a sunny week. It's just gorgeous out there. Hope you are getting to enjoy it too.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I will brag on my fabulous hubby for a minute. Yesterday I went to Little Rock for our wild and crazy playgroup. It got really crazy, because we were in the indoor playground and there were a lot more kids that usual. I stayed up in LR at my moms for the rest of the afternoon. Later in the afternoon, with all the stormy, yucky weather, I started craving some Paula Deen comfort food (shocker). I asked Aaron what he was in the mood for and he said steak, mashed potatoes, and fries (why did I even ask???). After talking him into going with only one potato, he offered to go to the grocery store, "um yes, please!!" So I made him a list and that man went to two different stores looking for all my items and then went by Target to get diapers and wipes. THEN he came home and grilled the steaks and fixed dinner! I just about melted. Never has he been as hot as he was walking in with all those grocery sacks in the pouring rain!! Bless him!! OK, I'm done ... but MY how that just made my week!!
Then today I woke up to the sun shining for the first time in goodness knows, how long. Maybe my Lillis might just bloom after all, they were in some serious need of some sunshine! I really want to be out there in it, attempting to tan my pale skin, but I really need to take a shower and mop before my kiddos wake up.
Speaking of my wonderful kids, Avery broke my camera yesterday. That's right, she accidentally knocked it off the counter while the zoom was out. It must have landed right on the lens, when it hit the tile floor and jammed it. It will NOT go back in and the picture is completely blurred. Ugh ... add it to the list.
If I think of my top 5 things I would hate to live without, my camera would definitely make the cut. There aren't even any holidays approaching in which I feel better about getting a new one. Another "ugh" feels necessary... ugh. After a lot of research, I did discover that digital camera prices are ever going down, so that is definitely a plus side. I will just have to get a new one before Memorial Day Weekend at the lake. That is a given. I'm hoping it's not a Kodak wind up one from the Shell station ;)
Well, peeps I think that's all I know. Dalton has done something, not so nice with my little prayer book and when I locate it, we will continue on.
What's For Dinner????
I'm altering Giada's recipe for Roman-Style Chicken tonight ....
here is the link to HER recipe, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roman-style-chicken-recipe/index.html
but I'm altering the ingredients, to what I have in my cupboard, which is pretty close (bacon, instead of prosciutto. Dried herbs instead of fresh, Green peppers instead of red and yellow, and I wouldn't be surprised if I added a little whipping cream and lemon juice- love it!)
...So Roman-Style Chicken over Bowtie Pasta, Salad, and Breadsticks ... I do love my pasta!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
My little lambies!!
Friday night we had the best time visiting with my family at my Aunt Tamra's new house in LITTLE ROCK!!!!!!!!
My Aunt Tamra (my mom's sister) has been a missionary with her family ever since I can remember. They have lived all over, but for the last 10 years have been back in the States and have lived in Colorado Springs. She and my Uncle Glen have 5 boys, ages ranging from 7-18. It is so exciting to think we will go from seeing them 1-2 times a year, to all the time. Uncle Glen just joined the Bridge to Rwanda ministry with Fellowship where he will help with all the schools over there. They came here for a long weekend to bring some stuff down into their new house. They won't be here for good, until June.
Saturday morning I left with my parents, Sarah Baker and Ben, and brother, Emerson, to see Rachel graduate. We all packed in the suburban and had a great trip. It was so special to see Rachel graduate from college, I couldn't be more proud of her. I didn't get home until late last night, but Aaron had worked hard on the house because Mother's Day lunch was at our house this year.
We are so proud of Rachel!!
Mom and Dad with Rach
I LOVE my sisters!
Today Aaron's sister brought Ryley down to surprise their mom, from Paragould. She was so thrilled. I'm pretty sure she said about 10 times it was the best mother's day ever. She was so surprised! We had a great lunch and a wonderful time with their family and Aaron got me some beautiful ferns for the front porch- which was exactly what I wanted!
Ashley showing Ryley and Avery the snake book! Ew!!!
"Da" and Dalton
We gave Dalton a little mini cheesecake thing ... is this not THE cutest picture ever??? He obviously liked it alot!! He is so funny!!
Avery didn't last too long, she played herself to sleep.
Me and Bubba ... humidity is not my friend.
Love this picture of Lynda and Dalton
Aunt Mandy and Maci, Aaron and Avery, Ashley and Ryley ... Love them all!!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Today has been quite a silly day. I was up all night with Avery, who was just coughing up a storm and praying for a friend with a sick baby. I finally just got Avery and put her in our bed with us. I know, spare me. I was just wanting to hold my little one. However, I learned my lesson, when at 6am she was saying "Mama, Mama, Please, Dora." I caved, I was so tired and I just let her watch Noggin until 7:30.
Later today, Dalton turned the whole trash can over on himself and oodles of noodles and other yucky things fell on him, so into the bath tub we went. They really thought it was funny to be in the bathtub during the day and were being very silly. We have been working on learning the song, "I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down in My Heart, (Where???)" We clap during the "joy, joy, joy" part. Dalton gets really excited about so I wanted to show him off. Never works. Instead Avery plays Mother Hen and tries to make him do it, then Dalton decided it would be a good idea to scream the whole time. I felt the need to video it for our viewing pleasure .... Enjoy.
What's For Dinner???
Dalton is getting fussy, so I'll add in today's prayer later on.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
It rained and thundered all night long, and the thunder actually woke me up a couple times. Avery was playing in her room last night and every time it thundered she would come RUNNING out, "Mama, Dada" poor little thing. Other than that I kinda enjoyed the rainy night, and am really enjoying this rainy day. Avery and Dalton both slept in this morning, Dalton woke up at about 9 and Avery didn't wake up until 9:30. I actually slept in until 8! It was great! We are still in our jammies at almost noon, and I don't plan on changing any time soon.
When I turned on the news this morning there were school closings and our country road is blocked off as well, because the creek is running full force over the bridge! I'm under strict instructions to not get out in all this mess today, "yes sir," no problem with that! We're just having a lazy inside day, Dalton just laid down for a nap, and Avery is watching a little Noggin in our bed before she takes her nap in just a minute. Side note: Avery has started doing the funniest thing. Whenever we tell her "no," about something (which obviously rarely happens, ha!) she puts her little head down and pouts and walks off. It's comparable to a dog putting their tail in between their legs. For some reason, we find this terribly funny.
Moving on, I have decided that I want to learn this sew this summer. It is a major goal- not only to master how to do it, but to actually find time. I think I'm going to clear a spot in my closet as a workspace, so tiny hands won't mess up my work. My mother-in-law is an amazing seamstress and makes all kinds of things and after my sister came home with some goodies for Avery and Dalton that she had made I am bound and determined to learn how to sew myself.
Speaking of Avery and Dalton, here is my "parent's prayer" for today. I just love this little book because for some reason prayer does not come easily to me. I don't know what it is, but praying, especially aloud, is just awkward for me. (Have I talked about this before??) I find this pretty hard to admit, but I think the more I pray about it and get counsel on it, the easier it seems to be. Now journaling it very easy for me. I've have never been short on words and writing is almost therapeutic for me. But I don't really think that's the point. I think God wants us to pray out loud to Him. Praying scripture out loud is making me more comfortable with this, as well. Right now I'm reading the book of Daniel at night, and I'm really enjoying it. I started Beth Moore's bible study on the book last summer, but after I had Dalton, I had to drop out. I definitely want to try to do it again, because it was really good. It was comparing our culture to the days of Babylong and even though I only got to do about 6 weeks of it, it was just awesome, Anyway, here is a great prayer for our little ones ... for me this is one of the hardest prayers to pray.
align="left">I really don't have a segway from Salvation to Supper ... so I'm just going to fly into it .... here it is peeps,
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Here are some pics!
First stop, the snakes ... Avery and I had the same idea about being in that cave with all the huge snakes ... EEK!!!!
Amber with baby Cruz, and Morgan with baby Annette
My own little wild animals ...
I think this was the highlight! The Grizzly Bears came right up to the glass! We have been watching a special with Aaron, on Grizzlys, all week!
"Umm ... Mama..."
And to top it all off, Avery got some lovin' from Noah!
Today's exerpt from "The Power of a Praying Parent," is the number one thing I pray over my kids every day. That my kids will see Jesus in me, and that I will be the exactly the Mommy that they need, to be the followers Jesus wants them to be.