Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Walk on the Wild Side ...

Today our little playgroup took a walk on the wild side, to the Little Rock Zoo. I can't even think of the last time I've been to the zoo, and the wee ones have never been so I was really excited. Aaron was disappointed to not be there for there first trip to the zoo, but I know we'll be back soon because it was such a fun day! It was pretty cloudy so it wasn't too hot and overall a perfect day for the zoo. (Besides the fact that it was PACKED with school field trips ... :(
Here are some pics!

Photobucket
First stop, the snakes ... Avery and I had the same idea about being in that cave with all the huge snakes ... EEK!!!!

Photobucket
Amber with baby Cruz, and Morgan with baby Annette

Photobucket
Sweet Noah!

Photobucket
Miss Ada

Photobucket
My own little wild animals ...

Photobucket
"Ooh-La-La"

Photobucket
I think this was the highlight! The Grizzly Bears came right up to the glass! We have been watching a special with Aaron, on Grizzlys, all week!

Photobucket
"Umm ... Mama..."

Photobucket
And to top it all off, Avery got some lovin' from Noah!

Today's exerpt from "The Power of a Praying Parent," is the number one thing I pray over my kids every day. That my kids will see Jesus in me, and that I will be the exactly the Mommy that they need, to be the followers Jesus wants them to be.


Becoming a Praying Parent

Lord, may the beauty of Your Spirit be so evident in me that I will be a godly role model

for my child. Give me the communication, teaching, and nurturing skills that I must

have. Grow me into being the kind of parent You want me to be and teach me how to

pray and truly intercede for his (her) life. You said in Your Word, "Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)

In Jesus' name I ask that You will increase my faith to believe for all the things You have put on my heart to pray for concerning this child.


"Whatever you ask in my name, that I will do, that the Father

may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."

John 14:13-14


Well, we have definitely had a big day around here and I think it's going to rain all night, which will make staying home tonight even better. It's Tuesday which means, AMERICAN IDOL!! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to see what they all sing tonight, it might be the week where they start singing two songs! Cool Beans. I will definitely be voting as fast as my fingers can type for Kris Allen! And since Aaron's fav, Matt G, got voted off last week I'm hoping to pull him over to join voting force.


What's for Dinner???????

Well, let me tell you: Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs, French Bread, and Caesar Salad. It's one of my favorites for some reason. Aaron's dad makes everything from scratch in a yummy, family recipe, but I'm going to definitely rely on some products from our new grocery store, thanks Harps. ;)

I pretty much love any kind of pasta, but on a rainy, yucky night like tonight, Spaghetti and Meatballs sounds great. I better go get started.


Love, Rebekah

0 comments:

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011