Monday, May 4, 2009

This and That

My kids really had a milestone kind of week. Avery has really started saying all kinds of things. Last night she came in the living room with her blue ball saying "My Blue Ball!" It was so cute! What is NOT cute is her new climbing ability. She opens up the lazy susan, which I can't seem to find a child lock for and climbs up on to the counter... AGH! But she is also dressing herself and putting her own shoes on ... so that helps! :) On the not so much bright side, more like the brown side, I have changed more horrible diapers in the last 4-5 days than I can ever remember. A nasty stomach virus has weasled its way into the Boone house and let me just say, it's not pretty. Ew.
Dalton is getting better and better at walking. We practice every night and he walks in between Aaron and me. The only problem is that if you are the one he is walking TO, you are in danger. He just gets so excited that when he gets there he starts laughing and screaming and BITING! It hurts so bad! Then when you tell him "no," he rears his head back and screams more. It's truly terrifying.
With that said ... Here is my prayer for today for my little yay-hoots.


Becoming a Praying Parent

Lord, I submit myself to You. I realize that parenting a child in the way You

would have me to is beyond my human abilities. I know I need You

to help me. I want to partner with You and partake of Your gifts of wisdom,

discernment, revelation, and guidance. I also need Your strength and patience,

along with a generous portion of Your love flowing through me.

Teach me how to love the way You love. Where I need to be healed, delivered,

changed, matured, or made whole, I invite You to do that in me. Help me to

walk in righteousness and integrity before You.

Teach me your ways, enable me to obey Your commandments and only do

what is pleasing in Your sight.


"The righteous man walks in His integrity; his children are blessed after him." Prov. 20:7


I just think those are so good and such an easy way to pray for our children. Sometimes it's hard to know what to pray over my wee ones. MeLeah also gave us a calendar this year and on every day of the month it has a different thing to pray over your child: integrity, discernment, patience, kindness ... it's a great tool.


OK, People it's time for dun dun ta dun ....

WHAT'S FOR DINNER??

Tonight I'm going to make grilled pork chops, fried okra, and macaroni and cheese.

I'm not gonna lie, I have a lot of Paula Deen in me, and not so much of ... I don't even know the names of any "health food" cooks. I'm not good at that. I try to make balanced meals as far as a meat, a starch, and a veggie ... but I also really love butter and heavy whipping cream. I'm sure you can see my dilemma. I'm going to pray for a high metabolism for my kiddos and get them to drink more water. Plus my kids eat fruit all the livelong day.... I have no idea why I'm feeling the need to defend myself all of the sudden. Good gracious I've got some security issues. I better go.


Love, Rebekah

0 comments:

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011