Saturday, October 17, 2009

16 Months! :)

Yesterday was Dalton's "Golden Birthday." Sort of. He was 16 months, on the 16th of October. He has truly gotten cuter and funnier and softer and more energized every single day for 16 months. He is just darling, and I love him so. His hair is getting quite long, but I can't make myself cut it yet! :(

He is seriously the biggest 16 month old I've ever seen ... here are some of his stats right now.

- He weighs a little over 28 pounds. He's quite stout. The other night I got him out of the bath tub in one of Avery's pink towels and as I turned around and caught a glimpse of us in the mirror I just died laughing. He has such a little football player big boy look about him that made him look so silly in the pink towel and I thought it was pretty funny. Ahh ... yes, these days little things like that make me laugh.

- He. Sleeps. All. The. Time. The child who didn't sleep through the night until almost 11 months now can't get enough. He goes to sleep about 8:30 at night and wakes up between 8:30 and 9. He goes down for his first nap at about 11, wakes up at 1:30 or 2 plays until about 4 and lays down until 6 ... then back down at 8:30. He's just growing all the time I guess!

- He wears anything from 18-2T, but mostly 2T. He wears a 7-8 shoe. I wish he was still in Robeez, but Aaron said they look too babyish on him. I wanted to cry, I do love Robeez.

- His favorite foods are bananas, apples, mandarin oranges (really any and all fruit), green beans, corn dogs (haha), yogurt, chicken tenders,salsa and chips (seriously!!!) donuts ... I mean really there isn't much he doesn't like. Most nights I have to say, "Ok, Dalton, that's enough." He just loves food. But for all the food he eats, he doesn't have that many teeth. He has 8 in the front (4 on top and 4 on bottom) and then a couple molars in the back.

- He loves chocolate milk in the mornings, juice when he wakes up from naps, and white milk at meals and bedtime. He also loves, loves, loves drinking anything out of a straw. He gets the biggest grin on his face when Aaron shares some of his coke or sprite or something. Hilarious.

- His all time favorite movie is "Dr Seuss' Horton Hears a Who." It's really the only show he will sit and watch for longer than a few minutes. He pays a little bit of attention to some of Avery's favorites, but really he's too busy for TV.

- He says several words. "Mama, Dada, Bye-Bye, Go, Juice, Dog, No, Shoe, Duck, More, and All Done and his newest word is "nose." He's also getting pretty good about pointing to his body parts this week. So proud.

- Aaron taught him how to do a couple tricks last week. He does hide and seek very, very well and he's also working on doing a somersault. We say "flip, Bubba flip." and he ducks his head down on the floor and waits on us to turn him over. I think this is quite entertaining and sometimes do it way to0 many times.

- He is obsessed with books right now. He loves little board books the best and he wants me to sit on the floor with him. He then he backs up to me and wants to hold the book and point out the things on the pages. Precious. I even have a little board book Bible, but he won't let me read a whole story yet, he wants me to hurry and turn the page. So I read the title and the little prayer at the bottom of the page. It's speed reading.

- My all time favorite thing that he does is when he "tucks in." Almost any time I pick him up he tucks his arms in and curls his legs up and tucks them in, too. Just like a little ball, like he can't quite snuggle in close enough. When he's really sleepy he starts like walking his feet up me ... love it. Like, seriously sweetest thing in the world.

Dearest Dalton Davis Boone,
Thank you for your surprise arrival on June 16, 2009. I was so worried that I wouldn't know what to do with a little boy, but you have just been the biggest blessing and I can't imagine life without you. I am head over heels in love with you complete with gigglies and butterflies. You give the best hugs, the most delightfully slobbery kisses ever. I love all of your tricks and grunts and laughs and really everything about you. You are the sweetest little baby boy with the most precious heart in the world. I am so glad you are here and I can't wait to fall in love with you even more.

Love,
Mommy

-

1 comments:

the osbornes said...

LOVE THIS. What more can I say? Precious, precious.

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011