Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Half Birthday Sawyer!



Yesterday was Sawyer's half birthday ... 6 Months Old!! I just can't believe it. It's so surreal that he's ONLY been here six months, and at the same time that he's ALREADY half a year old. I'm trying my best to not have an emotional breakdown about it. I was thinking back yesterday to the day I found out I was pregnant. Avery had been sick and I was just convinced I had what she had. Then one morning I was laying in bed still feeling ick and it hit me ... "I'm pregnant." I called Aaron to bring home a pg test, but knew already. I had an appointment THAT morning to go get an IUD and had to call and tell my doctor I was no longer a candidate, but I would still come in, in a couple weeks. LORDY! I was just in complete disbelief for about a month!
It was a pretty easy pregnancy that FLEW by and then August 26, 2010 Sawyer McKinnon Boone was welcomed into our family and I have been head over heels since. I remember telling myself I wasn't going to throw up pics all the time of him, and try to simmer down on my facebooking ... fail. I can't help it. I just think he is the cutest, sweetest, most precious thing I've even laid my eyes on and I feel the need to share it with the world. He is nothing less than heaven sent. I'm tearing up just typing this. He has my whole, whole heart. Our WHOLE family's heart. We're smitten.
I love that he's kind of the runt of our litter, that he still looks so "infantish." Dalton was the size Sawyer is now around 3 and a half months and I loved that chubby baby. But, thinking this COULD be my last rodeo I like him staying small as long as possible.

Here's some highlights of the last 6 months ...


One of Sawyer's first nights home ... He loved his little SwaddleMe blankies and his passy from the start. He was by far my easiest infant. He slept through the first 4 weeks. We barely heard a peep out of him and he only woke up every 4 hours to eat and have a diaper/outfit change. And a couple photo opps, of course. My mom and Aunt Tamra kept saying he was just "fresh from God," those first few days. And he was.





Finally, when he was about 6 weeks old, he woke up! He loved his bouncy seat and his mommy. He kinda gave up on his passy until he was about 4 months old. Sawyer loved his little Sleep Sheep and fishy noise maker. He didn't plump up as much as Avery and Dalton and he had a head full of the cutest little hair I'd ever seen. People frequently asked me if I fixed it like that, even though I rarely had time to fix my OWN hair. He was just naturally darling. :)


<

Sawyer continued to get more darling and more precious with each month (of course I'm not biased). He took longer sleeping through the night than Avery, but Dalton didn't until almost 11 months, so I was prepared for anything. I think it had to do that he was still nursing like Dalton did and they just eat more often. Avery and Dalton LOVE their baby Sawyer and Dalton always (and still does) called him, "That baby." He says, "Mama, that baby is crying; Mama get that baby; Mama, I hold that baby."



We constantly say Sawyer looks like a little character from the Grinch ... Aaron says he looks Benjamin Button ... lies. But, I do think he looks like the Baby Grinch or a little Who from Whoville. He just has so much personality in all his little expressions and his big eyes. Oh, how I love him. This was the month we started Sawyer on formula. Sniff sniff. I was worried he wasn't getting enough to eat since he was so much smaller than A and D, but really he had always stayed in the 50% which the doctor said is right where they want babies. But with my tubbo other kids who stayed in the 100% , I thought bigger was better!! He's just a little more "petite." After he ended up staying the same I kind of regret switching to formula, but he definitely ended up sleeping much longer ... so maybe it was worth it.




L-O-V-E my little Who. It's so nice when they finally get on a little schedule which after getting on formula and rice cereal, he finally was. He was sleeping 8 hours at night, plus two big naps during the day. He loves his bottles AND his passy again! PTL!!



This last month really can only be marked by ear infections. Saddest thing ever. I feel like some kind of Columbian drug lord over here with all the prescription drugs, charts of who gets what meds at what time, and constantly checking for temps. All three have been sick and I think they have just continually passed cooties back and forth. Hate it. This little pic was on Valentine's Day when I thought we were finally getting better, before his fever spiked back up to 102 that night and we were back at the DR the next day. I'm taking him back tomorrow to see if it's 100% gone. Since getting sick he has pretty much QUIT napping, which is no bueno. He sleeps fine, 8:30-7am but just cat naps 20-30 minutes a couple times a day.
PRAYING, that this next month we make a turn for the better.

Here are a couple STATS on him today:

- He weighs almost 17 pounds, putting him right in the 55%, for both height and weight.
- He is in 6-12 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
- He has four 6oz bottles a day at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm. When he gets to the end of the bottle I have to QUICKLY pull the bottle out and pop the passy in his mouth to keep him happy bc he would just drink into oblivion. However, if he even has 1/2 more than 6 ounces he spews it all back up. Craziness.
- He loves his exersaucer and any toy that makes sound. One of his favorite things to play with is the wipee bag because it's crinkly. So content.
- He rolls, and rolls, and rolls around the living room. So cute! Yesterday he kinda scooched after a toy ... crawling is in our future.
- NO teeth yet!
- Not sure if it's the humidity or just a new development, but his hair has gotten super curly the last couple weeks.

-We laugh and laugh that THE FIRST thing people say about Sawyer when seeing or meeting him is, "That hair!!" Never fails.
- He is seriously a baby Aaron in knee socks. They are just TWINS!
- If we stop for fast food, Sawyer will arch his back and start turning around screaming for the food when the smell enters my car! He wants some nuggets!
- He loves Avery and Dalton and belly laughs with them every day.
- He is the most content baby ever. Just happy to be invited. Love.

Dear Sweet Sawyer,
You are TRULY one of my greatest joys in life. I LOVE all your coos, giggles and your smile melts my heart every day! Having a third baby has made me slow down, stay at home, and love my family more. SO THANK YOU for making me a better mommy and happier wife! I know Jesus created you in His perfect Goodness for our family and you bring us so much happiness! This year is going to be FULL of wonderful moments that I can't wait to share with you!! My cup overflows with thankfulness that God entrusted you to our care.

I love you little bug!!! XOXOXO
Always and forever,
Mommy

2 comments:

Linds said...

he's precious!!!

I get people asking me if I style Connor's hair, and I think the same thing as you "do you see what I look like??? Clearly I don't have time to take care of myself, much less mess with this baby boy's fro!" haha!

the osbornes said...

EEK! I am finally catching up on blogs today and I am lov-ing this! Love that sweet thing, "that hair", those sweet big eyes and his teeny-ness that really isn't all that teeny except we are both just used to the big-'uns! He's just a total doll! And I LOVE what a blogger you are now :)

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011