Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Italian Bread Pudding

P.S. ...
I totally forgot that I was going to tell you the other fantastic thing about MnM yesterday ... I discovered the best breakfast casserole ever. ( I had actually made a Paula Deen dang good one, but woke up super late and didn't have time to bake it, so I had to pick up Chicken Minis from Chik-fil-A which were still quite a hit. And I brought the casserole to my bible study this morning and that was better bc we usually don't have treats!)

ANYWAY I seriously stalked the food tables after MnM to find who had made this delicacy ... it was just fantastic!

It's from Southern Living and is called Italian Bread Pudding ... you will want to come up with an occasion ASAP to make this divine dish.

5 eggs
1 c milk
1 1/2 t Dijon mustard
1 t dried basil
3/4 t salt
1/8 ground red pepper
1(9.5 oz) pkg frozen mozzarella/Monterey Jack cheese Texas toast, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/4 c)
8 fully cooked bacon slices, chopped
1 c grated Cheddar cheese

1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients until blended.
2. Layer 1/2 of Texas toast in a lightly greased 11X7 baking dish;
3. sprinkle w/ 1/2 of each of tomatoes, bacon, and cheese.
Repeat layers once.
Pour egg mixture over toast and cheese. Cover and chill 4-24 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake casserole 50-55 min. or until center is set. Let stand 5 min. before serving.

I know I know ... my mouth is watering just THINKING about it!! Yum!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011