Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter in the Boonies

Happy, Happy Easter!
It is an amazing gift that we get to celebrate the Cross and the Empty Tomb showing our Savior is not dead, but ALIVE! The power of the Cross is so powerful and exciting that I scarce have words. Thank you Lord for worship songs that sometimes help me to verbalize everything I want to say. I love most contemporary Christian songs, but there are a couple songs that are so special to me I can tear up just thinking about them. I can hear the first opening notes and have to change the station if I'm driving for fear I'll get some sort of D.U.I. (the Influence of the Holy Spirit in these songs just brings me to MAJOR tears!!) One is The Revelation Song and the other is In Christ Alone. Worship music is just incredibly emotional, personal, and spiritual to me and these songs just bring it to another level.
Here are the lyrics to In Christ Alone ... Love, love.


In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save

?Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live, I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again

And as He stands in victory
Sin?s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life?s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand.
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand.

I will stand, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground, all other ground
Is sinking sand, is sinking sand
So I stand
.


This was our first holiday away from family (of course, Maw and Bobo were here to bring the fam to us! Thank you Lord!!) and so we celebrated Easter with Home Church in our home and everyone ate lunch with us.
We woke up this morning to see that the Easter Bunny had made a stop to see the Boone kids!

























After everyone got here this morning Lynda, Bobo and I took the kiddos downstairs to do our own little version of Sunday school. I picked up the Resurrection Eggs at Hobby Lobby and was thrilled to see when I opened them up they were by Family Life in Little Rock, Arkansas! I love any little homey reminders.
The kids did great and loved the eggs. They colored their little Easter bookmarks and were good listeners. I think a fav was playing some songs for dancing and singing though!




















After church I went upstairs to finish lunch while Aaron led a fun Egg Hunt which was a big hit - and provided QUITE the sugar rush.


























































































Love this sweet pic of Emily and Isaiah!





It was TRULY an Easter miracle that the weather warmed up enough for lunch outside. I had ordered some tables and chairs a couple weeks ago when weather was in the 70's-80's. But then, the weather dropped to averages in the 40's-50's ... A wee bit chilly for an outside meal. We prayed and prayed and prayed for warmer temps and God totally answered us!! Thank you LORD for sending us sunshine and 60 degrees!



































This was my first Holiday to do the bulk of the meal, so I chose the easiest menu I could! Emily brought a ham and Lisa brought The Pioneer Woman's Strawberry Shortcake Cake which could very possibly be the best thing I've ever eaten. I've already have had two pieces and fully intend on eating a third before the day is through. Oh, didn't you know, Easter calories don't count!
For lunch I made a few pork tenderloins, cheese grits, "unbundled" green beans, deviled eggs, yeast rolls (no Sister Schubert up here ... Booo Hooo!!!) and a cranberry-apple salad. I had planned on making some little birdie nest cupcakes but it just didn't happen. And now that I've seen all the sugar consumed, I'm pretty happy about that!

























**Please note that Avery is wearing a dress I wore as a child. Proof that clothes are an investment.













































After lunch we napped, blogged, and played outside while Aaron and Dalton headed out with the men to play golf.















And I would be remiss without telling Miss Maci Rowlett HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY- We love you oodles!! And to post a couple of pics of my fam at home celebrating Easter ... Miss them more than words. Funny how you take for granted things like driving over to Mom's for lunch ... Tear.




















Love all my people ... In Arkansas and Pennsylvania.
Because He lives we celebrate this day! Happy Easter from the Boonies!!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Sayre, PA

3 comments:

Morgan Smith said...

Such a cute Easter table setting! Glad y'all got some nice weather:) happy Easter boonies!

Elisabeth said...

That PW strawberry cake is my fav! Always a big hit at our house. Glad to see you all are settling in so well.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for all the wonderful photos. I really, really do appreciate. Thanks for being such a good friend for my daughter and her family! I love you guys and can't wait to meet you.

Easter Blessings to you all,
Margaret Terwilliger

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011