Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One Away From One

11 Months Old!

Today our sweet lamby boy is 11 months old ... just one more month and it will be his first birthday. I can't believe it! He is still SUCH a baby! But, he is changing every day, getting bigger and bigger and even though this next month I'll have to face reality, right now ignorance is bliss and I'm holding on to denial with a death grip. So there.


Here is what life with Sawyer has been like this month:

- They weighed him at the doctor yesterday when we went for his tube consult with the ENT and he's 23.4 pounds. Speaking of which, Sawyer will be getting a set of tubes 2 weeks from today, August 9. Poor baby!

- He's in 12 month clothes and wears size 4 diapers.

-He has 8 darling teeth; 4 on top, 4 on bottom.

- He goes to sleep between 7:30 and 8 every night. His naps are off right now as he is trying to go to one nap ... but it's just not working! Sometimes he takes a big 2 and a half hour nap in the morning and then a shorter afternoon nap, and then sometimes vice versa. Just depends.

- He drinks three 6oz bottles of formula a day ... but he really is over it. Sometimes he won't even finish them ... oh well. He prefers table food and still some baby food. He has become a huge eater! He would eat all day if I'd let him! Last night I looked over and Dalton had handed him a rib and he was just gnawing away- I should have snapped a pic. Such a mess!

- Just in time to start WALKING this month he has perfected his crawl and is super fast. No more army crawl for Sawyer ... I was starting to get concerned. ;)
But he has been taking lots of steps lately. We laugh and laugh every time. No matter how many kids you have, it's still fun, special and exciting to see them hit all their little milestones. Avery and Dalton both started walking just days before their first birthdays, so Sawyer I wasn't prepared for him to start walking!! With this has come something very new to me ... climbing. I am seriously scared to death of all the climbing Sawyer has been doing. He climbs up my kitchen chairs onto our table, on to the couch to the large side table, attempts to climb up shelves ... you name it, he's scaled it. When Sawyer is awake he is NOT allowed out of my sight. He is just too adventurous!

-He still loves music and dancing. I am constantly taking videos of him bouncing all around as soon as a tune starts up. He just bounces and bounces and bounces. It's the funniest thing!

- Still squealing with delight constantly ... I'm pretty sure he's damaged hearing in at least one of my ears.

- Will imitate lots of sounds we make and says dada and mama ...but if we say thankyou or uh-oh, he will make the sounds too ... definitely not audible words, but sweet little sounds.

- LOVES his big brother and sister and is constantly following them around, wrestling with Dalton (under intense supervision), and watches every move they make.

- Sawyer is still such a happy baby! Life is so much better with Sawyer here!

Here are some of my very favorite pics of you this month!

From 11 Months





















Dear Sawyer,
I fall more in love with you and find something else that makes you even more special all the time. You brighten every day and are constantly a source of JOY for our family!! I'm praying Psalm 84:5 over your sweet life, that you would love Jesus so much and be powerful for His kingdom! "Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee ..." May you be BLESSED by HIM, baby boy!!

You are darling and precious and delightful today, and everyday! Love you with my whole heart!!

XOXO,
Mommy

0 comments:

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011