Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Sasafrass

No doubt it, Avery has gotten some sassy in her pants lately. I'm pretty sure I was THE sassiest child to ever live and she doesn't hold a candle to some of my stories, so I'm just thankful for that.
She is super sweet, always fun, constantly helpful and I would even call her responsible at five years old. So, she has TONS of attributes ... Even if there's some sassiness mixed in.
Throughout the day I find myself having to turn my head to keep from laughing at her grown up remarks belted out from her tiny body.
I just love her. Like, love love her. I am 100% sure we'll be Besties one day.
Last night I was snuggling with her and we were talking about all sorts of serious things and she was telling me she loved me and I said something along the lines of, "Avery, I can't believe you're getting so big; I'm going to miss you so much when you're at kindergarten. I just don't want you to get too cool for mommy and not want to play with me." She looked up at me like I was way silly to reply, "Oh mommy, teenagers always love their mommies and daddies. But you do know I'm going to have a boyfriend, right?"
Lord, help us all.

The conversation that broke out yesterday and continued to play out throughout the day is what inspired this random post. I need to start doing their "Unforgettables" again to keep track of all their silliness.




I came in her room to find a bunch of randomness strewn across the bed.
I asked her what she was doing and she sighed a big sigh before stating:
"Let's just say I'm taking a trip. I'm moving out. I'm moving in with Naomi."

I tried to talk her out of it. I reminded her that the Hursts had just as many smelly boys as we did. I tried to remind her that they had a 7:30 bedtime over there, but I was not successful. She continued packing, promising to be home in five weeks.

After about 45 minutes she walked in my room and said as serious as can be, "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

So, I pulled out the big guns and asked if she would stay if I gave her some bubble gum.
It worked for now.

I'm trying to be prepared for next time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011