Thursday, January 6, 2011

Recipe Co-Op

Genius, pure genius. I've always heard tales of these "dinner co-ops" but have never tried them out until now. Usually it's 2-3 gals who join together, each picking a night of the week to cook meals for the other 2 families. So two nights out of the week people are bringing you a meal!
Tonight I made a Mexican Lasagna, while my friend Michele made homemade salsa and guacamole. Then we swapped! I gave her half the Lasagna and she brought me big containers of the dips. Deee-wish-uss as Avery would say. Next week we're each going to take a night and make an entire dinner and bring it to the other. I think my sister is going to do it with us every other week. I am way excited about this because I think it could easily change my life-ha!

The Mexican Lasagna turned out really good! I'll post the recipe in case you want to try it. I've never made a lasagna before, but it was super easy and really yummy!

Mexican Lasagna

2.5 lbs ground beef
2 pkg taco seasoning
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (or Rotel)
1 4oz can chopped green chilis
1 jar salsa
1 can black beans
1 15oz container ricotta cheese
1 egg
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for filling
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for top
1 bunch of cilantro
juice of 1 lime
1 pkg no boil lasagna noodles

Beef Layer:
Brown beef and Drain. Add in taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, black beans, salsa, and diced tomatoes.
Cheesy Layer:
Combine ricotta, shredded cheddar, egg and 2/3 of the chopped cilantro.

To assemble the lasagna spread the bottom of a 9x13 pan with half of the meat sauce, cover with the lasagna noodles, then top with half of the cheesy layer. Repeat with the same layers- meat sauce/noodles/cheese mix. Then sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese and cilantro on top.
Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
Garnish with sour cream/salsa/guac or whatever sounds tasty!

Muy Bien!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011