Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blessings in the Chaos

The last 24 hours-ish have been somewhat ... Hellacious. Completely overwhelming. I imagine that when people are contemplating having kids and they go through pros and cons, days like today run rampant in their brains before they decide, "I'm not ready."
I can't even tell you what all made it overwhelming ... Maybe the looooonngg night preceding the day. Maybe the stir-craziness of cabin fever setting in from several snow days. Maybe that Sawyer seemed to cry all day today and just really was only content being held. Maybe it was that everyone napped at different times, so I never really had a down moment. Maybe it was Aaron telling me this afternoon he had a 6:30 meeting tonight and 8 o'clock b-ball practice.
I'm not sure. But it was a hard day. However, as I sat down on the bathtub for what I was sure to be an emotional breakdown I felt myself get wrapped up in a wave of thankfulness for a million different blessings. And of course very close to the top of the list were my three favorite yayhoots. Avery. Dalton. and Sawyer.
Sawyer finally did pipe down, take some Tylenol and go to sleep. I ordered pizza for A & D because I didn't even have the energy to put a frozen pizza in the oven ... Much less clean up the kitchen ... Again.

And then, With the craziest of days behind me, I lit a firelog, curled up on the floor with Avery's ladybug pillow pet while my bambinos ate their personal pan pizzas and turned on "The Princess and the Frog," and told God how thankful I was for the chaos.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

the osbornes said...

love this! love you! Today will be much better for both of us, right??!!

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011