Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Ode to Boone Road

After over five years of trying to talk Aaron into moving to Little Rock and leaving our Boone Rd house, I'm seriously heartbroken to say goodbye. Obviously we've had all our chillins here, as my daddy would say, but even more
than that, it's where we built deep family roots. Now I wish I could pick it up and take it with us ...

I felt like I owed it a little tribute for all it had seen us through!

So here we go ... :)


My Ode to Boone Road




Three Bedroom, Two Bath;
A handful of square feet-
A cozy cottage for five,
On a well-loved family street.

Three babies were born;
One marriage started out.
We soon learned what raising a family was really about.



Both good times and bad-
some happy, some sad.
But all teaching lessons,
I'm so thankful we had.

Not decorated with shiny things,
But floors covered in toys.
Any more times than not, our bathtub had rings.

But there was lots of love,
and lots of laughing-
Plenty of bedtime snuggles,
And happy-ever-aftering.

We enjoyed lots of family gatherings, archery contests and
game watching galore.
There was singing, make-believing, and oh-so-much more.

Our kitchen was filled with conversation and prayers,
Dinner time temper tantrums and
Talks of casting our cares.

Lots of memories were made,
Many treasures were stored
In the sweet little house made simply of nails and boards.

We'll never forget our first home.
It's where our family first started, and my, how it's grown.

It really was a perfect little house,
Sitting right on Boone Road.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I teared up reading your blog post this morning, it was precious and so sweet! I hope your road trip up north goes well and that God grants y'all traveling mercies! I will be praying for y'all as you make your transition up there, for it to be smooth and as easy as possible! Thinking of you now!

Jennifer T said...

such a sweet poem Rebekah! thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011