Friday, March 6, 2009

A Day in the Life...

Whew. I am plumb worn out.
My two hoodlums have been crawling all over me since the wee hours of the morning. Seriouslyyyy.... we got up this morning, changed diapers, made toaster strudels- which I burned, ate cereal,yogurt, and drank bottles instead. We read some books and laid around until about 10. I got them all dressed (well not ALL dressed, I couldn't find Dalton's shoes so I let him go in just socks. The socks may or may not have been Avery's and they may or may not have had ruffles on them.) I think it's time to get him some new shoes anyway. These are the cute shoes I'm determined to find this weekend. I love Robeez because they are so easy to get on them and great for learning to crawl and Eeek! even walk ... and ... I dunno, I just love 'em!!

Photobucket


I mean, are those not the cutest ones you've ever seen!??!?!?!

Then we ran by Chik-fil-A before meeting our playdate friends- Shannon with her cute kiddos Nash and Nyla. Really, I barely get to talk to her, we just kinda run different directions after our kiddos. The kids LOVE the park. Anything outside. Dalton just squealed in his ruffly socks the whole time. Mmm... I love that little booger.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the park, we came home and had naptime. Even me. However when I get to take a nap during the day I barely sleep and really just kinda wake up every 3-5 minutes thinking of something I should be doing. And today I had about 24 things I should have been doing besides napping. The kiddos woke up earlier than they should have- shocker. Thus I got up about 19 minutes after laying down. Not that I was counting.









We sat on the front porch for a while. Dalton played in his exersaucer and Avery ate some apples and played on the porch swing. We came back in and read books and maybe watched a little Horton and got ready for supper. Aaron wasn't going to be home until late, so I definitely made chicken nuggets, green beans, and peaches for supper. I felt kinda bad, but they sure lapped it up.
Bath time was lovely ... lovely. No lie within the first 10 seconds they were in there, they both pooped. Never has this EVA' happened. I jerked Dalton out, followed by Avery whom thought this was hilarious. Sick Sick Sick. It made me realize how much I totally depend on Aaron to be home at about 5:30 on the dot ... Gosh, he really goes above and beyond helping me soooooooo much.
I let them play in Avery's room for a little while, while I picked up the kitchen and then talked to Caroline for a long time because she was driving home from Memphis. I fed Dalton his bottle and put him to bed. I folded laundry and watched a Casting Crowns concert tour on the Gospel channel ... love them.
I'm hoping that tomorrow will amount to more. Tomorrow night is Morgan's bachelorette and then I think I'm going to go out and about with Caroline and co. for her b-day,which is Sunday. But on Sunday the whole fam is going out to Caroline's family's for a fun-filled Sunday, which the old Mom in me happens to be even more excited about then all the Saturday night festivities. Whoops. I think I'm just out of my element on the whole "going out" thing these days. Am I really only 23????? In the words of Caroline "Geez."


P.S. I was adding the pics on here this morning and I am totally back to loving my heathens this morning. When I went in to get Dalton out of his crib this morning, he was standing up! Agh!! I couldn't believe it. I really wanted to run out and get my camera from the kitchen, but I knew he would have a conniption fit, so I'll do it later. However, one funny thing that I just HAVE to share this morning, is that he's been rolling around the living room in just a diaper this morning and every time he drops from holding on to the couch, a whole cloud of baby powder just "puffs" from out of the top of his diaper. It is seriously cracking me up .... Agh the bipolar-ness of a new mom. One minute you're hiding in the closet, and the next you just can't get close enough to them. :)









4 comments:

Corby and Lauren said...

And now I'm tired just from reading about your day!!! I also must say that I laughed so loud when I read the part about the baby powder puffs coming from Dalton's diaper- HILARIOUS! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yeah, I think the rushing to the hospital thing sounds fun, but I also like the idea of my whole family being there for her birth.... so we'll just have to wait and see! I'm not nervous about induction anymore, thanks to all of the people who had one and did just fine! SO thanks for calming my fears!!!

Lea Liz said...

I found your blog thru someones and have been reading it. Your kids are adorable, beautiful family! You have your hands full but it must be fun and os worth it:)

The Real Gal said...

What a precious family you have. Blessings!!

Jennifer T said...

YAY!!!! we have each other's blogs now!! =) this post cracked me up! i would be laughing my butt off too at the "puff" of powder!!! hilarious...i cannot believe youre 23...youre seriously way more mature than ole me! haha...i cant wait to be a mommy!! oh how i miss my rebekah!

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011