Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Weekend Happenings.

We had a good December weekend at the Boone house. It was very full and allowed many family moments, and after the tragic Newton, CT shootings on Friday, December 14, 2012 it was exactly what my broken mama's heart needed.
Friday night we went out to a park in Waverly, NY where the town put on a festive event: Tinsel and Lights.
There were precious carolers and bell ringers, real reindeer, Santa, lots of yummy treats, horse drawn carriages and more. It was a fun, family night even if our kiddos were falling asleep left and right. 
After we left the festival we dropped off the kids with sitters and went to a game night with a bunch of other couples ... it was a great night.

Saturday morning we made gingerbread houses!

Unsurprisingly, Avery was the most interested in this activity. She took at least two hours on her house ... the boys really just ate the candy.
We laid  around the house, piled in my big bed to watch The Fox and the Hound and even all napped there. When we woke up Aaron took us out to eat for my birthday Monday. We have plans all week before leaving for Arkansas Thursday, so Saturday night worked out best for our family outing.


Avery came up with Hibachi, which turned out to be fun for all (except for Sawyer who always gets a little skeered during the big fire parts).
Afterward Aaron gave me a gym membership ... and I was pumped about it. I'm obviously closing in on 30.

This morning we had a relaxing, rainy Sunday. Then Aaron came up with a last minute idea to take the kids to see Life of Pi during naptime. I agreed. I was seduced by the idea of popcorn for dinner and early bedtimes ... It was a terrible mistake.
Yeahhhh ... I fought Sawyer for about an hour before bringing him home. The others stayed and liked the movie. Sawyer and I came home and took a very long nap. Aaron ordered pizza for dinner, so I still got my wish of not cooking. :)

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful, but in light  of the awful happenings, even nights where nothing at all happens can prove to be special when you have little ones at home.
These yayhoots came in for "one more kiss" about four times, and I didn't even get frustrated. I'm just so thankful for their sweet lives.

I'm almost constantly praying for the victims families right now. I find myself turning over in my sleep and still whispering a cry to God to be near all the broken hearted. It's honestly too much for a mama's heart to stand. I've burst into tears several times for no reason at all but being scared for my life that that kind of evil exists. That lives of those so dear to us can be stolen and gone like a puff of smoke.

As silly as it may seem, I just want to post the sweet babies names who were taken. If you will, pray for their families with me. Intercede on their behalf. I can't even wrap my mind around that kind of pain. The devastation. The expectancy to move on.The new normals. It makes me physically ill.


Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel Davino, 29
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeline Hsu, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
James Mattioli, 6
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Jack Pinto, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.""
Revelation 21:3-5
Come quickly, Jesus. So quickly.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011